Thursday 9 June 2016

Review: The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey

The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2)

My ratings.



Review.

Okay, so now that The Last Star is released, it was about time I read this book. Honestly, I didn't love this book as much as The 5th Wave, but I still enjoyed it. I think I loved the first book more because the plot was more mysterious and interesting than this one, and now that all the identities are revealed, it seemed like there wouldn't be much to read in this book, but I was so wrong! The Infinite Sea is terrific and amazingly written. I admit that the first few pages were very slow, but when the book picked up the pace, it was a complete roller coaster, and a good one at that.


The story picks up exactly where the first book left. While the first book had a lot of actions, drama, revelation of secrets, and then that climax, this book was relatively slow. But that doesn't mean it wasn't good, it just focused more on the the character developments and the overall plot. Still there are many things which are left unanswered, especially about the aliens because there's still no clear explanation for that, and I am really looking forward to see how everything ends.




 The book has multiple POVs, which also include Ringer's. I wasn't really a fan of Ringer in the first book, in fact I found her very annoying when she first appeared, however, after reading her story, her character started growing on me.  The story is about 45 to 50% from her POV, so the people who didn't like her in first book, they might have second thoughts about this book like I had. But there's nothing to worry because Ringer is a great character and I really enjoyed reading from her perspective. Surprisingly, I found Cassie very annoying in this book. I don't think there was a moment when she thought anything other than Evan Walker.And as much as I love Evan, her obsession with him was irritating me. For the first time, I am really glad that Cassie's part wasn't that much long in the book.

 I think this was a perfect sequel because not only we have been introduced to new characters like Razor, the POV is also of different people like Ringer and small chapters of Poundcake, and all of this promises a greater and action-packed ending to the trilogy-which I can't wait to get my hands on!

No comments:

Post a Comment