Thursday 19 July 2018

Review: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

16143347

My rating.

Review.

2.5 stars. 
“Be a little kinder than you have to.”

I'm just gonna be honest. I loved this book, and at the same time I was really annoyed by it. First 50% was just meh. Like, I was so bored I literally felt like DNFing it. But I kept on reading because everyone seemed to love it.

Plus points for the ending. Because I usually don't cry while reading books, but this one had me sobbing! But I can't ignore the fact that I was bored for most of the part.

There's no way to describe the story, because I'll probably spoil the ending. I believe that this book is a hit or miss. If you loved it from the beginning, you'd probably end up giving it five stars.



First off, the purple prose. The author could've gone light on that. The writing irritated me so much!! Second of all, the entire plot revolving around Cady and Gat, and Cady wondering if Gat will come back or not was way too cliched. After a point it gets boring.

I won't lie, i loved the last 30 or so pages, but by then, I had already started guessing the ending. It did prove me wrong, and I did cry, but when I think about it now, it was just those last few pages that were powerful.

This book is way too hyped, and I can see why. If I didn't think about the entire plot, I would've probably ended up giving it 5 stars because of all the emotional mess I was in after reading the ending.

I would still recommend it, because majority of people has loved this book. I expected too much from this one, maybe that's why it didn't live up to the hype. But still, a really good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment