Sunday 14 October 2018

Book review: Eating Wasps by Anita Nair

41731609

My rating 
Review
This was my first book by Anita Nair, and I'm amazed by her writing. I loved a good suspense novel, and Eating Wasps was one brilliant story with topics that'll leave a mark on your heart and will stay with you forever.

Many stories of women interconnect, and forms one meaningful read. Though these ladies don't know each other, there's something which links their life, their fierceness, and the way they handled everything, I just didn't want this book to get over. There's acid attack survivor, a writer, and many other women who had flaws in their character, but the author didn't hide it, in fact those flaws made the characters even more real.


I finished the book in one sitting, as pages just flew by reading this heartwarming book. I was hooked as soon as I started the book, then few hours later, I had finished it and was contemplating a lot things in my life and the things that happens with the characters in this book.

What I loved about this book was that it focused on women, strong, women, who has faced many problems, but never gave up on life.

Ghost and writers are more alike than you think. We can be what you want us to be. We can hear your thoughts even if you don't tell us. We can read the silences and shape your stories as if they happen to us, and I was both: a ghost and a writer.


Those lines spoke to me. There are so many more quotes and lines that I have highlighted because I'm sure I'm gonna reread it someday. The reference here of Ghost is not out of blue, it holds a meaning, which you'll find out when you read it.
This was a beautiful yet heartbreaking story. I’m definitely a fan of Anita Nair after this book, and am definitely going to read more by her! If you love suspense, and books which focuses on strong women, do check out this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment