Monday 7 November 2016

Review: November 9 by Colleen Hoover


25111004
My rating
My review
Okay, so I'll start my review by saying that Colleen Hoover is one of my favorite authors and she'll always be.But that doesn't mean that I have to like all of her books. The first book I read by her was Hopeless, and after that I remember reading all of her released novels back to back so you can probable imagine how much I love reading her books. Although I didn't like this book, I am pretty sure that I will read anything by this woman in future!

What I love in her books is the characters she create;you can instantly connect to them,but not in this book. And that's what made me give this book 2 stars. Colleen Hoover's books are very emotional, and this was another book filled with a lot angst and heartbreaks, but because I couldn't connect with either characters, despite the book having dual POV, this book didn't work for me.



Even though it seems unrealistic, I really liked how Ben and Fallon decided to meet only once a year on November 9 and then focusing on their lives throughout the year. And it was going really good until a point where it seemed like they were just making up excuses to keep this arrangement going on, and after that the story pretty much dragged until the end where the plot twist was clearly obvious.I mean, the book contained only the days they met and rarely showed what they did in the rest of the year, so I guess I saw that plot twist coming right from the beginning.

What I found weird was the Fallon didn't like insta-love, and yet there she was, probably falling for a guy she had met only few hours ago. It would've been better of she had not pointed that out. To be honest, the romance was very cringe-worthy, especially in the beginning. Also I didn't like all that confusion between them. I think that instead of talking it out, they kept running away from each other.After I point I thought that they were just trying to be in the relationship just because they had decided to meet once a year and didn't want to break that promise.

What I liked in this book was the funny scenes and references to books, I really enjoyed that and Ben and Fallon's funny banters. Also, it made me really happy to see Tate and Miles from Ugly Love, that scene was really nice!

November 9 was definitely not for me, but you might end up liking it because I've seen a lot of nice reviews on this book. It was a quick read and I finished it in only few hours, the liked the pace of the story, it never bores and there are also many entertaining scenes. Although this book didn't work out for me, I really hope that you guys love it!

1 comment:

  1. I've read pretty good reviews of Collen Hoover, but I've never read her books, they're not a genre I enjoy, this one seems boring to me, too bad you didn't like it :c
    Good and honest review ^^

    ReplyDelete