Sunday 27 November 2016

Review: Too Late by Colleen Hoover

29610595
My rating
My review

Oh, well. Another CoHo book which has left me with mixed feelings. But at least I enjoyed the story, if not loved it. I loved the writing style in this book, it was very easy to read and onced I started it, I couldn't put it down without finishing it. The book is not very long so it took me only few hours to finish it.

I really loved the scenes between Carter and Sloan. I always like those cute banters between the characters in CoHo's book. The characters in this book were very complex and I couldn't even decide whether to hate them or sympathize with them. Then there is the tragic past of the characters which helps me understand them more, but that too didn't justify the things they did. Even though this whole love-triangle was too complex and disturbing to like it, I liked the way it ended.



Along with a love triangle and insta-love(yeah, I know, two of my top pet peeves, but whatever!) Too Late also deals with many series issues and contains too many graphic scenes. But I won't say that I was surprised, because the author had already warned the readers about it so I knew what I was getting into. Having said that, I really liked how everything is handled in the story, except for some parts and the epilogue. The epilogue to the epilogue didn't work for me either. So, not a fan of the ending but I definitely loved the story!

Overall, it was a quick and nice read. There are a lot of things I didn't like, but it didn't stop me from reading it further and I also quite enjoyed it, so 3 stars!

1 comment:

  1. Gaaah, this honestly gives me such mixed feelings. I've been enjoying Colleen's books less and less with each new release (somehow?) so at this point I'm not even sure whether to pick this one up. I'm sooo glad you found a way to enjoy it despite your pet-peevish things, but I'm afraid the instalove love triangle + erotica would drive me insane.

    MUCH love for your review, though. I haven't looked into Too Late at all so far, so I feel like I have a muuuch better understanding of what I'd be signing up for, should I break and choose to read it masochistically. ;)

    - Lexie

    ReplyDelete